If you have suffered an accident on the job, or you have a family member or friend who has been injured at work, you need to know your rights , and you need to take steps right away to ensure that your workers’ compensation claim is successful.
Workers Compensation is Our ONLY Focus
Areas We Serve:
Types of Injuries Covered:
Why Do You Need an Attorney?
Although the system is supposed to protect injured workers, unfortunately it is common to encounter problems throughout the workers’ compensation claims process. The insurance company may try to take a recorded statement from you before you have had a chance to consult with an attorney, and their lawyers can use many arguments to try to deny your workers’ compensation claim. They may argue that your injury was not work related, did not occur in a manner that would be covered under workers’ compensation, or was not properly reported to your employer. You may have difficulty obtaining adequate medical care, or you may be told to return to work while you are still in pain. Without an experienced attorney to represent you and your claim, you will probably find yourself at a disadvantage against the insurance carrier and their lawyers.
An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer will represent you and work with you every step of the way to protect your interests and make sure that you receive the benefits that you are entitled to under the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act.
How We Can Help You
- Coordinate and collect evidence to support your claims
- Handle the necessary filings with the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission and the insurance carrier
- Intercede on your behalf with insurance carriers, doctors, nurse case managers, and defense counsel
- Represent you at hearings held before the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission (if there is a dispute with the workers’ compensation carrier) and handle appeals as needed
- Act as a source of information to help you better understand the Virginia Workers’ Compensation system so that you can avoid making costly errors